A pair of Mission Hill developers want to replace a three-story building on Tremont Street at St. Alphonsus Street with a seven-story, 139-unit apartment building with a garage with 44 spaces set aside for Mission Church and ground-floor space for a cafe.
In a letter of intent filed with the BPDA this week, Jason and Melanie Savage of Savage Real Estate promise a building at 1558 Tremont St. with a design that will "respond to and enhance the surrounding area."
The Savages bought the property from the Redemptorist Fathers for $3.7 million in 2016. The order runs Mission Church, more formally known as the Basilica of Our Lady of Perpetual Help.
1558 Tremont St. filings and calendar.