Gov. Baker this morning ordered all "non-essential" businesses to shut at noon tomorrow.
"Essential" businesses and services that can remain open include:
- Healthcare and human-services providers (such as hospitals, clinics and group homes);
- Companies working on Covid-19-related medicines and vaccines or that provide or deliver services to them;
- Pharmacies and grocery stores and the companies that deliver to them;
- Liquor stores;
- Restaurants that provide takeout and delivery;
- Utility companies;
- Gas stations;
- Transit systems, ride-share companies, airports and airlines;
- Communications companies, IT support desks, network operations centers;
- The media;
- Financial services that process and maintain transactions, including banks;
- Chemical companies;
- Defense contractors.
State Rep. Tommy Vitolo (D-Brookline) reports:
You can still move about, in car, door, MBTA, bike, RTA, scoot, stroll, and jog. Please maintain Social distance.