The Allied War Veterans Council said today it will not contest Mayor Walsh's decision to cut the route of the St. Patrick's parade on Sunday by more than half because of snow piles expected to remain along the route.
Earlier this week, Walsh had said the city would have to spend "millions and millions of dollars" to get the entire route ready for the parade. Walsh first ordered a shortened route during the non-stop Winter of 2015.
Allied War Veterans Council Commander Dave Falvey blasted Walsh's "lack of will," because groups had offered to help clear snow, but said the parade will still be great, even if it can't pass by "the birthplace of Evacuation Day" at Dorchester Heights. So no federal lawsuit this year.
He says he will have no further comments on the parade route, and his long letter did not discuss the decision to deny parade entry to veterans who explicitly want to support peace.